Our contact details
Name: Bedside Kosher
Address: 77 Heron Drive, London, N4 2FS
Phone Number: 020 3746 3803
Bedside Kosher takes great care to preserve your privacy and safeguard any personal details you provide to us, whether on this website or by another means.
This Policy explains how we collect and use your information.
Bedside Kosher (Charity No: 1191280) is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Bedside Kosher”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy. If you have any questions about this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
- Contact details
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact our data privacy manager in the following ways:
- Full name of legal entity: Bedside Kosher (Charity No: 1191280)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: The Data Controller, Bedside Kosher, 77 Heron Drive, London, N4 2FS
- Telephone number: 020 3746 3803
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
- How will you collect my information?
We may collect personal information (for example your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, telephone number, or billing, transaction and payment card information) from you when you:
(a) Make a donation (financial or goods) to Bedside Kosher by post, telephone, in person or online.
(b) Apply for a job or a volunteering role within Bedside Kosher, for the processing of your application.
(c) Attend a fundraising or educational event, training or seminar organised by Bedside Kosher.
(d) From a third-party source such as Just Giving or VirginMoneyGiving or other event organisers such as community organisations or synagogues.
(e) Order materials, resources or training from us.
(f) Contact us or provide us with details at an event.
(g) Correspond with us by email, phone, by post or become involved with us in another way, for example with our governance or as an organisation or committee contact.
(h) Via our IT systems e.g. door entry systems and reception logs, automated monitoring of our website and other technical systems (such as our computer networks, CCTV, email and instant messaging systems).
- Why do you need my details and how do you use them?
There are different reasons why we might need your personal details – the main ones are:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For the performance of any contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- Where you have given consent.
- To process and record your donation to us and other financial or gift in kind transactions.
- If you agree that we can claim Gift Aid on your donations we are legally required to keep a record of the claim and your Gift Aid declaration.
- If you commit to future support to Bedside Kosher for example through a gift in your will or a pledge we will keep a record.
- To record details of volunteering you have carried out with Bedside Kosher or to inform you of future volunteering opportunities. If applying to become a volunteer with Bedside Kosher if appropriate we may use your information to make further checks including whether you have any criminal convictions by seeing the results of a DBS check.
- We may also use your information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk and help review our services.
- We may, carry out prospect research using publicly available information to identify further fundraising and marketing opportunities and carry out market research.
- We may use it to process your application or payments for events and training attendance and to send you details and reminders about them.
- We will also use your information to:
- keep you up to date about the work we’re doing and tell you about the difference your contribution is making by sending you information by post, email and phone.
- To ask for your financial support to help more people with mental illness.
If you are a new supporter, we will only do this if you tell us that you are happy for us to contact you (this is ‘opting-in’) by completing a contact form. These forms can be found on this website and anywhere where we ask for personal details.
- Processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Bedside Kosher, or those of a third party, where such interests have not ignored your rights or freedoms concerning your privacy. Processing is necessary to perform a public task in the public interest and comply with CC20 guidance from the Charity Commission.
- Do you pass my details to any other organisations or individuals?
Please rest assured that we will never sell your details to any third party. When dealing with your personal information we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, and any other applicable legislation.
In addition, if we ever need to send data to a third party for processing for the purposes of legitimate interests (for example checking against the Telephone Preference Service, updating our records and prospect researching from publicly available sources such as the electoral roll) we will make sure the company we use has signed a data processing agreement with us or other contractual obligations, so that they are bound to take care of your data in the same way we do. We may also share personal information with external auditors, e.g. the Charities Commission or for the audit of our accounts.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you have made a Gift Aid declaration, we may disclose the information you have provided as part of the declaration to HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming gift aid on your donation(s). We may share or disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by any law, regulation or court order.
- How do you keep my information secure?
We will take precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of personal information you give us. For example, our website does not store your personal information when you enter it into one of our contact preference forms.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We may send communications to you by email. Email is not a fully secure means of communication, and whilst we do our utmost to keep our systems and communications protected, we cannot guarantee this.
We make no representations about any other websites, and when you access any other website through a link on our website (including social media sites) you should understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website or the way your personal information is collected through those websites. Those websites may have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to look at those policies or contact the website operators directly to understand how your personal information is used.
- Cookies and other similar technologies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device which uniquely identify your device. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device. For more information about our use of these technologies please contact us by using the details set out above.
- Your rights
You have the following rights, which you can access free of charge (subject to certain restrictions):
||The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
||The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
|To be forgotten
||The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
|Restriction of processing
||The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
||The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
||The right to object:
· at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
· in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
|Not to be subject to automated individual decision making
||The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email using the contact details set out above, including: enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name and address), provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
- Online advertising
We follow Facebook’s strict advertising policies when using that platform, and we only target based on ‘likes’ on our page or similar anonymised data using cookies. We do not ever upload our own supporters’ data to Facebook or other social media for advertising purposes. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the contact details set out above.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Bedside Kosher, 77 Heron Drive, London, N4 2FS
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk